Lived on-board Hadar

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

2 More Broken Wagons Rebuilt

 Yesterday I added a roof to this box van, and left it overnight for the glue to set.



This morning I weathered it to finish it.

Yesterday I made a start on building a wagon from this long wheelbase chassis.


I made and added the baseplate to the chassis.
Hopefully it should look something like the photo behind it.

Today I continued with what will be a long wheelbase 1 plank bolster wagon by scoring the planks which form the base of the wagon.


Then I used emery paper to create wood graining effect.


Then I made the 2 sides and 2 ends.


Then glued them onto the base of the wagon.


Then created 3 bolsters from balsa wood, drilled them and cut and fitted the 6 posts into the bolsters.


Finally I spray primered it.

Keith

No comments: