Lived onboard Hadar

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Weeks Twenty Three and Twenty Four

Monday 5th June 2206.
Nothing happened on “HADAR” to day.

Tuesday 6th June.
Roger began working on our cratch. We decided to have it made of tongue and groove timber, so we could have it painted.

Wednesday 7th June.
Roger finished our cratch.


Thursday 8th and Friday 9th June.
Nothing was done today.

****************************************************************************

Monday 12th June 2006.
Nothing was done today.

Tuesday 13th June.
Work began again on “HADAR”. Steve 2 starting fixing in the flooring joists in the bathroom, galley and saloon.The final plank was made and put into place in the open hold.
Roger and Keith measured up for the side sheets and top sheets for the open hold.
Roger then placed the order.

Wednesday 14th June.
Steve 2 and Keith began fitting all the brass works on i.e.: Mushroom vents, and cabin steps.
Steve 2 used sealant to put the glass into all the portholes and the bull’s eye.
Steve 2 and Keith fitted the waste pipe fixings for the shower, basin, sink and washing machine.
Keith and I primed the mast, stand, planks and cratch. I then began under coating them in grey.

Thursday 15th June.
We moved all the planks into the open hold to paint them. I finished under coating the mast, stand and planks.Steve 2 and Keith fitted the portholes and bulls eye. They then set about fitting the gas pipe and electric trunking in the open hold from the gas locker.

Friday 16th June.
Keith and Steve 2 did the electrics for the head lamp and front navigation light.
Steve 2 fixed the TV Ariel box onto the cabin roof along with the CB and Marine Ariel’s fixings.
The cratch brackets were fitted onto the cratch, and Steve 2 made up the top and bottom bands for the mast.Keith painted the weed hatch with Red Oxide Enamel.
I spent the day painting the planks with Red Oxide Enamel, and the Mast, Stand and Cratch with Mauritius Blue Gloss.
Steve 2 then sealed the weed hatch with tape, packed the stern tube, and attached the stern tube greaser and greased the stern tube.
The side sheets and top sheets arrived, now that’s what I call go service Roger had only ordered them Tuesday. We had a very busy week, but both Keith and I really enjoyed helping out. It was lovely to have hands on and be able to put our mark on “HADAR”
Here’s to an exciting week coming up so watch this space, as we hope fingers crossed to be able to launch her, ready for her fit out. All photographs will be in added to the diary.

1 comment:

Marc lovett said...

I also have a website relating to my narrowboat,it is called iteldoo4me perhaps you would have a look at it and send me some feedabck.many thanks.Marc