Lived on-board Hadar

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Poetry Book Success.

Having had very little time to sit and browse the internet over the past few months, due to us cruising most of the time. I had totally forgotten that I had sent my poetry book 'Seasons of the Waterways' off to get an ISBN number. So I was chuffed to bits this afternoon, whilst browsing the internet to see that my book is being advertised with Tesco. When I asked for an ISBN number, I was told that it would appear on Amazon and at Barnes and Noble. I of course have my own storefront where my poetry books are available to buy, but it is nice to think that someone else thinks my work is worth selling.
I am still selling 'Precious Moments', which is being used to raise money for Cancer Research. The book has its own Storefront and all profits go to Cancer Research. I am now contemplating whether to get it an ISBN, and see where it takes it, but I have to think about it first.
I am hoping that now we have done the friends and family run this year and been to some boat festivals, I can settle down to writing some more poetry. I have a few already to go into another book, but need a little more inspiration and lots more photographs, before it can become reality.
Keith and I have also been asked about whether we would write a book about Hadar's build and our adventures, which is a huge undertaking, and would probably be best left in the hands of a publisher.
Changing the subject everso slightly, the boat jobs are still on going. Keith is working on the engine as I type. I have been busy washing Hadar's, polishing her brass and giving her a general spruce up. The new rope for her hold arrives Tuesday hopefully, so we can then get on with that job. We have enjoyed a good week of boat jobs, catching up with friends, meals out and last night a bar-b-que with friends, so what a great way to end a week.

3 comments:

Keith Lodge said...

Many thanks for the message LadyB. I have a name sake, who writes lovely books for children. Sadly I cannot take the credit for her books, which look fabulous. I hope there is room for the both of us on the shelves of the book stores LOL.

Jay said...

Wow - how wonderfully encouraging! I'm very impressed! Congratulations!!

Keith Lodge said...

Hi Jay. Thank you. It took me sometime to get it written and published. I did the whole thing myself, so I am quite proud of the book. But I am aware that poetry is a slow seller, so not expecting much from it. Still I will keep writing and see what happens.