Lived on-board Hadar

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Foxton Locks

1 mile, 10 locks 1hr.

Map picture

Foxton Top Lock (2)

Jo and I started early this morning walking up to the festival site and taking photographs. As there was spaces in the reserved moorings at the top of Foxton locks for the festival I brought Hadar up through the locks just before lunch. We both came down to the boat and Jo was supposed to open the swingbridge for me, but Ben the lock keeper beat her to it, and then Andy, one of the volunteer lock keepers locked me through the locks so Jo could return to her photographing. I winded at the entrance to the upper arm and reversed back to the mooring. I then spent the afternoon at the boat, chatting to visitors. It was a busy day with lots of visitors for the festival, the weather bringing them out.

Keith.

No comments: