Lived on-board Hadar

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Gloucester to the Yew Tree Inn, Chacely Stock

 

Yew Tree Chacely Stock

 

An earlyish start this morning with the first locking down from Gloucester Docks at 8:45am. We were in company with 2 other narrowboats in the lock, and we slid in between the 2 of them. I let them leave the lock before me, as I thought they would be faster, Mystic Lady was, but Cartonia wasn’t and I had to hold back until we cleared the East Channel at Upper Parting, and the river widened. We have moored at the Yew Tree at Chacely Stock, As I didn’t want to chance going too far and not being able to get a mooring. At least the sun is out today, a few black clouds have passed over but fortunately they did just that, pass over, without emptying upon us.

Keith.

No comments: