Lived on-board Hadar

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

00 Open Wagon

 This open wagon is part of a set of wagons to go with my 00 collection. 

I wasn't too impressed with the very glossy repaint of the wagon a previous owner had done and the standard very plasticky looking coal load. 

I didn't want this to be a coal wagon, just a general cargo wagon. Today I added a tarpaulin to it and weathered the wagon.



 It now looks better amongst the other wagons. 

Keith

Tuesday, October 19, 2021

00 Model Brush Type 2 (Class 31)

 My very first 00 scale diesel I bought in my early teens was a Triang Brush type 2 (later classified class 31). 

Last week I purchased this Airfix version. 

A far better detailed and finished model than the Triang one I had. 

It was missing a coupling and the screw which held the unpowered bogie in the chassis was not fitted and I had to do some work to fix this, hence I got it quite cheap. 

A new coupling arrived in the post this morning along with a set of 'FlushGlaze' windows for it. 

As manufactured these early models had glazing just glued on the inside, but these push into the window aperture so look more authentic.



Keith

Saturday, August 21, 2021

Changing Bank Account and TV Licencing

 

It is rather reassuring that TV licencing write to us to confirm the change of bank account details for paying for our licence from our new bank account.


However asking us to "carefully check" that the bank account details we supplied to them are correct is a tad difficult, as they have **** some of the account number! Doh 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Keith 

Friday, April 23, 2021

Sign Writing

 This afternoon I touched up the shadowing on the sign writing on the starboard side of the cabin. 



With the painting on this side of the boat completed we turned her around again and then had a visit from the small family of new ducklings. 

Time for coffee.

Keith

Monday, April 19, 2021

Garden Steps Part 5

 Today Jo and I (mostly Jo) finished off the new steps in our garden.

Newly laid 3 pieces of crazy paving above the 5th step.


As viewed from above.


We then finished off the stone layering above the 3rd step, and added plants and some features.


Keith

Saturday, April 17, 2021

Garden Steps Part 4

Having spent the last week or so working around the site, this morning Jo and I returned to working on the new steps alongside our bunkers. 

We were not happy with the 4th step where we had previously put it straight up above the 3rd step, so we have moved it to the side of the 3rd step and added a 5th step above the 4th. 





Jo has also started to layer the garden above the 3rd step.





Keith

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Garden Steps Part 2

 Third step installed this morning. 

After lunch we helped with digging out the new rose bed and hadn't tidied up after fitting the new step, so I have just cleaned up around the new step and filled in the gap below the bottom step with some gravel.

Keith

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Garden Steps

 Busy afternoon, Jo and I constructed the 1st two stone steps alongside our bunkers up to where the new staging will be, using recycled materials.

Keith

Saturday, February 27, 2021

Recovered Timber for New Access Staging on our Garden

 Today Jo and recovered the old timber that had been removed from the offside non-residential moorings opposite us which was replaced as the original was collapsing.

This photo is an old photo but the timber is all on the bank behind the new pontoon, but since this photo the fence had been replaced which made recovery more interesting.

I used a boat hook to pull the timber towards us and Jo grabbed and put it into the workboat.



This was all the timber recovered, and in the workboat ready to have the nails removed and stacked on our patio and pontoon. It took us till lunchtime to do this.


This is me grinding off the old nails after lunch, I then passed the timbers to Jo and she stacked them on our patio and pontoon.


The empty workboat.


The timber neatly stacked temporarily on our patio.


Some recovered fence posts which we hope to use to add a safety fence to the staging which the original did not have.

This is what is left of the collapsing staging, which Jo removed the footway from, to expose what was underneath for Simon to see in preparation for replacing it. 

It needs replacing for 2 reasons, it had started to collapse at the front edge and the footway was sloping, and most of the footway timbers were rotten and a few had already broken due to the rot, due to these 2 reasons it was no longer safe to walk on.

The staging is to give easy access to our hedge at the back of our garden, which without the staging would be impossible get to due to the slope of the garden, especially when wielding hedge trimmers!

In this photo the hedge is on the left.


Keith