Lived on-board Hadar

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Boat Painting part 5

 Not much painting done today, but I did manage to put the white border around the fleet number that Jo repainted yesterday. 😊

We have been sorting out bird and bat boxes on site. 🐦🦇

Keith & Jo

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Boat Painting part 4

 Jo spent this morning and early afternoon giving the cabin sides another coat of red and blue and repainted the fleet number.

This afternoon I repainted the gauging number. 😊

Keith & Jo

Monday, August 21, 2023

Boat Painting part 3

 This morning Jo rubbed down more of the cabin sides ready for painting. After lunch she started painting. I painted the blue area surrounding the gauging number. 😊

Jo painting one of the engine room doors
Jo painting one of the engine room doors

And after painting the blue around the gauging number

It looks better from a distance!

Keith & Jo

Thursday, August 17, 2023

Boat Painting part 2

 This morning I touched up the sign writing, not that you can see from the photo, and throughout the day Jo has painted the bow and started on one section of the cabin.

You can see how much the blue has faded in the sun. 😊

Keith & Jo

Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Boat Painting part 1

 Yesterday Jo used the new wire brush cup wheel in our angle grinder to remove the paint from the front hatch lid, and also rubbed down the deck.

This morning she primered it 😊

Keith & Jo

Friday, August 11, 2023

New Bunker

 This morning Jo and I assembled our new bunker, and then filled it with stuff. 😊

Keith & Jo

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Old Bunker has Gone

 This morning Jo and I broke apart our old bunker on the end of our pontoon.

Then fitted a new piece of decking in its place.

Finally I fitted the bird nest box which is going to have our telephone socket in it.

😊 Then it got too hot to do any more. ☀️🥵 

Keith & Jo

Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Bathroom Door, Firewood, and Old Bunker

 This morning I rubbed down the wood edge to our bathroom door and the door frame, then varnished them, whilst Jo started to cut up the wood we collected whilst out cruising. I helped Jo once I finished the varnishing.

Bathroom door edge varnished
One side of the door frame

Other side of the door frame

We then stacked the wood in our new log store.

Finally we emptied out the big bunker, ready break it up then we can install our new bunker.

A busy busy day, which we will finish off with a delivery from Totally Thai. 🍽️🍽️

Keith & Jo

Monday, August 07, 2023

Leaking Bullseye, and Final Mushroom Vent Refitting

 With the rain over the weekend we discovered our bullseye in the roof of the back cabin was leaking, so Jo resealed it. We then removed the 4th and final mushroom vent, ground down and drilled out the broken brass bolts, and retapped the new holes. Jo then applied some rust remover before painting it with red oxide paint. We then had a cup of tea whilst the paint dried before putting sealant on and refitting the vent using stainless steel bolts. Just needs painting once the sealant has gone off. 😊

Bullseye resealed

Mushroom vent removed, bolts ground and drilled out and retapped, rust remover put on

Painted with red oxide paint

Sealant applied and vent bolted down

Keith & Jo