Lived on-board Hadar

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

Progress has been made.

Keith and I were up early on Friday, as we needed to catch a train to Kettering for a 9.10am appointment at the hospital. We always prefer to get to an appointment early. we would rather be early than late and in this case it proved to be a good idea, because having booked in Keith had to drink a jug of water and then wait until he needed the toilet. The nurse then scanned his bladder, before allowing him to do his flow test. Oh the joys of being a man ha ha ha. There is actually nothing to it. (Say's I, knowing what us girls go through). With the test done, he then had to see the charge nurse for the results. We both thought this is our opportunity to get some answers. We were invited into a room, where we heard the results of the flow test, which were good, so that was one less thing to worry about. Fearne (nurse) was really very nice, and having told her all about Keith's problem, we showed her the letter from our GP. Fearne agreed that he should be seen, as being in the amount of pain he is in, is not good. So she was straight on the phone to Keith's consultants secretary, organising an appointment to see him. Keith now has an appointment to see his consultant on the 11th February. Whilst it is not ideal, it is the best she could do and we were only to grateful to accept it. Fearne did also say, that if his pain gets out of control, then to dial 999 and come in, which is what we will do, without hesitation. So at least we have made some progress. Keith is still taking Morphine and all the other tablets he has been given and this morning he saw our GP, to let him know how things are going.

Other News:

This morning we said a fond farewell to Mo and Nessa on NB Balmaha. They have now left the basin and are heading out into the countryside. It was sad to see them go, as it has been wonderful to have their company. But they were getting itchy feet and wanted to be on the move, now that all the ice has gone and boats are once more on the move. So we wished them well, as we waved them goodbye.
It has been very busy in the basin, with boats coming and going and a few boats have now moored up on the towpath.

No comments: